5 Extras That Buyers Love
Want to add some “wow” next time your house is shown? Here are a few ideas that buyers love!
- Water Features – For those of you who have a pool with a water feature, it is nice to have it running while your house is being shown. This applies to fountains too!
- Fresh Flowers – It doesn’t have to be fancy. Even a simple bowl of water with fresh cut magnolias from your backyard can do the trick. It adds freshness and a draw to a room. And if the flowers have a nice scent, BONUS!
- Music – If you have a sound system with speakers in various rooms throughout your home or have outdoor speakers for your patio area, have them playing. Just go light and soothing on the music.
- Good Aroma – It is not always easy to do this for a showing. But if you are planning to have an open house, this one is a nice idea. Bake something as simple as a pie or bread or anything else that has a good fragrance. It has a two fold benefit – a great addition to your next meal for you and a wonderful aroma for perspective buyers coming in to see your house.
- Speciality Item – Think of anything that is special to your home that you’ve added as an upgrade. It can be the sliding glass doors that open all the way into your wall; or you have a remote control for your gas fireplace; or perhaps you have a retractable movie screen. First, make sure your feature works properly. Second, demonstrate for your agent how it works.