Do They Add to or Subtract from the Room?
We are talking about window treatments – curtains, valances, blinds and anything else that is used to decorate a window. This item can either truly uplift a room when done right or be such a negative distraction that the buyer greatly discounts what the room has to offer.
Here’s my top 5 examples of window treatments that subtract and the fixes to make them become an addition.
- Blinds that are broken or have a number of bent, damaged or missing parts- Repair, replace or remove the blinds altogether is the answer here.
- Valances that have matching wallpaper borders – Pick one to stay up.
- Dirty curtains or dust laden blinds – Clean please.
- Old or outdated curtains – Remove. Replace, if needed.
- Closed curtains or blinds – No one can see in the dark…Open!