(non)Obvious Odor Offenders
When selling your home you have to really pay attention to so much more. Part of that includes things that can cause offending odors in your home that you may not be aware of. Here are my top 5 that are worth paying extra attention to.
1. Your bed sheets. Believe it of not, there is such a thing as dirty sheet smell. And it is not a good one! Remember to clean your sheets regularly.
2. Your disposal. It’s not uncommon for us to put food down a sink because we know we have a garbage disposal. But if you don’t run it, the food is just sitting there. Old meat smell is the worst!
3. Your clothes. Whether it is your clothes or your children’s, pay attention to where the dirty ones are. Buyers typically will leave the room rather than walk by those clothes.
4. Your shoes. And to repeat # 3 above, this includes these too.
5. Your cooking. Be aware when your showings are scheduled. I promise you you can smell fried fish and steamed broccoli the next day. And FYI – neither are pleasant.